- Why do so many new browser windows open?
To save you time. Deep-Sky.Org's home page has
Java applets and Flash animations running on it. So if you
had to re-open the home page each time you wanted to navigate to
another part of the website, you would have to wait for them
to re-load each time.
- Why are there pop-up advertisements?
Deep-Sky.Org is a not-for-profit website. Therefore it
must rely heavily free services, such as Tripod.Com (Whose
pop-up adds permeate this site.)
- Is the a way to keep the adds from popping up?
Yes, sort of. If you leave the add open, but in the background,
by simply clicking on the Deep-Sky.Org page it won't pop up over the
content page and be so much of a nuisance anymore.
- Can I use, display, or distribute images and other material
found on Deep-Sky.Org?
All material is copyrighted and can only be used with the expressed
permission of the credited owner of the material in question.
- Can I re-distribute software downloaded from Deep-Sky.Org?
Freeware software that is owned by Deep-Sky.Org may be freely distributed
following the guidelines set in the freeware license that accompanied the software.
However, software produced by sources other than Deep-Sky.Org is subject to their
own license agreements. Please read them carefully.
- I produce astronomy software, will Deep-Sky.Org distribute it for me?
Yes, in most cases. Please contact the Webmaster.
- How often are screen savers updated?
It depends on which screen saver it is. Usually the Hubble Heritage Screen Saver
is updated quarterly. Other vary in frequency.